Friday, October 10, 2008

The Blush of Autumn


Walk Location: neighborhood
Walk time: evening (sunset)
Skies: clear and warm, breezy
Temperature: 68 degrees
Steps: 3500
iPod: David McCullough's Truman

I have been feeling sick this week from a cold, so my motivation has been pretty low. That, coupled with a busy week at work, has limited my walking prospects. I am losing my sense of momentum, and I need to regain it before the snow flies, or I will be at a complete standstill by then.

Tonight's weather does encourage my need to get back to a regular walking rhythm. I walked with Claudia and our dog Gizmo tonight, experiencing the wonders of a blushing autumn evening. The trees are at their peak right now and tonight's warmth and luxurious sunset created a blush, especially on the maples which are red and orange. In addition to the lovely beauty on the tree, beneath the trees is an ever-increasing blanket of colorful leaves.

Tomorrow I intend to spend some significant time outside enjoying the beauty of the season before things turn in a colder direction.

No comments: